Oct. 2015 – March 2017
- Managed Big Break Screenwriting Contest and corresponding database of over 7,000 scripts per year; assigned scripts to readers, liaised with writers, managers and sponsors.
- Created content for social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
- Wrote, edited and maintained the Final Draft blog and podcast, including occasional HTML adjustments.
Garlic, My Soul
Dec. 2013 – Jan. 2016
Contributing Writer/Editor/Recipe Tester
- Create and test recipes for publication in line with readership interests and dietary restrictions.
- Copyedited articles for publication.
Dec. 2013 – Jan. 2016
- Created and tested recipes for Fan Foods project, pairing recipes and pop-culture (i.e. films, TV shows, etc)
- Reviewed cookbooks for publication online.
The Writers Guild Foundation Library and Archive
Aug. 2013 – March 2015
Office Manager/Script Collections Processor
- Tracked script collections donated to the WGF Library/Archive and assisted patrons in finding script material to read for educational purposes.
- Supported Executive Director in daily needs: scheduling, phones, travel, communications, donor relations.
- Managed flow of annual appeal fundraiser, mailing and emailing as well as management of donor database.
The Writers Guild of America, West
Aug. 2015 – Oct. 2015
Feature Writer Access Project, Script Reader
- Read script submissions for the Diversity Department’s Feature Writer Access Project.
- Analyzed story structure, content and quality for acceptance into the program.
- Provided feedback/coverage given directly to writers for possible rewriting of material.
California Women’s Law Center
Jan. 2013 – Aug. 2013
- Assisted 2 busy Executive Directors in their daily tasks: phones, scheduling, project management, etc.
- Liaised with Board of Directors as well as planned and executed Board of Director meetings.
- Planned and executed fundraising events, campaigns and donation mailings.
The Urban Oven
Nov. 2012 – April 2013
Line Cook/Recipe Tester
- Mixed, stretched and maintained high volume of pizza dough necessary for service.
- Created and tested dessert recipes for new menu items.
Crooked Creek Ranch
Aug. 2010 – Sept. 2012
- Scheduled, prepped, oversaw and executed daily bakery production: from breads to pies, cakes and cookies!
- Coordinated volunteer and intern programs for a team of up to 20, including monthly trainings.
- Created a systematized process for referencing allergy information within all catalogued recipes.
May 2009 – May 2010
- Wrote and covered community news.
- Copy edited articles and web stories.
Kaboom! Toy Store
Oct. 2008 – May 2010
Store Manager/Asst. Book Buyer
- Managed all aspects of daily business.
- Ordered full stock of children’s literature.
THREAD Script Anthology
Sept. 2007 – May 2008
- Wrote coverage, analyzed and chose submissions.
- Managed all aspects of publication.
Emerson College, May 2008
BFA Writing, Literature and Publishing; focus in Film and Television
King Arthur Education Center, Jan. 2011
Advanced Baking Program
Upright Citizens Brigade, Nov. 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Sketch Comedy Writing Program
WriteGirl, Nov. 2016